Six Moon Designs - Skyscape - Trekker
Skyscape models utilize a dual (trekking or optional fixed length 45" or 115 cm) pole support structure, slightly offset from the center of the tent. The offset yields extra head room when lying down, reducing that claustrophobic feeling. Further, it allows the Skyscape to be extremely rigid when guyed out, creating a structure capable of riding out the worst storms.
The Skyscape employs Hybrid Double Wall construction. Over 80% of the canopy is separated from you by a mesh wall, keeping that wet canopy at bay. The Hybrid Double Wall construction allows the vestibules to roll back, letting you convert the Skyscape into a net tent on warm summer nights; pesky bugs stay outside while you enjoy the views and breezes.
The Skyscape's two large side-entry doors let you easily enter the tent or retrieve gear. With a floor length over 100 inches, the Skyscape accommodates the tallest hikers. You can carry a light tent and still sleep well.
The canopy and floor of the Trekker are constructed with silicone nylon. This fabric has been the workhorse of fabrics used to build ultralight tents for the last decade. Its main properties are its strength, light weight and that it’s impervious to mold or mildew.
Technical specifications & features
|Weight||24 oz (680 g)|
|Tent Sleeps||1 Person|
|Area||23 ft² (2.2 m²)|
|Vestibule Size||16 ft² (1.4 m²)|
|Number of Doors||2 Doors|
|Width||48 in at widest point|
|Height||45 in at highest point|
|Tent Pole Type||Uses 2 trekking poles or 2 Carbon Fiber Poles - 45 inch (sold separately)|
|Stuff Size||15" x 5"|
|Material||Canopy: 30D Silicon Nylon
Floor: 40D Silicon Nylon
Mesh: 20D No-See-Um netting
|Other Features||- Includes Tent, Stuff Sack, Guy Lines, Spreader Bar
- Poles, footprint, and stakes sold separately
- Hybrid Double Wall design
- Rollback vestibules for excellent views and ventilation.
- Dual Pole structure is extremely stable in wind and snow.
- Bathtub Floor
- Wide ceiling gives plenty of headroom.
- Extended floor for tall hikers.
- Side entry for easy access.
- Easy Setup
- Uses two trekking poles or dual Carbon Fiber poles for support (sold separately)
Please note, this tent must be seam-sealed to ensure waterproofness before use. Six Moon recommends McNett Silnet Seam Sealer.
- skyscape trekker
- I love this tent for its light weight easy set-up duel doors & can use my own trekking poles. I have used it in a light rain but not sure how it would be in a heavy rain as the bathtub is not that high... I ended up buying another tent with a deeper bathtub for heavier rain forecasts that was freestanding. Also, i have had sand blow in in a heavy wind coming up under the edges of the fly into the tent but at the time may not have had as tight to the ground as I should have. Overall, plenty of room for me & some gear inside & would recommend for good to fair weather backpack trekking. Note that this tent is not freestanding.
Questions & Answers
Thank you for your inquiry.
Six Moon Designs is a very new brand for us, so unfortunately many of their products do not feature reviews yet. However, here's a link to a couple of user reviews from another website that should provide the information you're looking for: http://www.trailspace.com/gear/six-moon-designs/skyscape-trekker/
Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.
- Product Reviews
- Questions & Answers
- Similar Products