Sierra Designs - Down Moccasins - Men's (Spring 2015)
Technical specifications & features
|Weight||8 oz. (227 g)|
|Mfg Sku/Part Number||029205|
|Shell Material||100% Recycled Polyester Ripstop|
|Insulation Type||700 Fill Down|
|Other Features||Washing/Care Instructions:
Hand wash or use front-load washer only (no agitator). Use synthetic fabric soaps found at outdoor specialty locations. Do not use fabric softeners or bleach. Tumble dry no-heat and include three tennis balls to maximize the loft of the garment.
• Constructed EVA footbed
• Ankle cuff is 300-weight fleece
• Double needle top stitched
• Heel pull tab
• Nylon sole
- Good Booties
- I have a 5-year old pair of these that are still going strong. I only wear them around camp so they've lasted. The new ones I ordered for my son are stiffer with a more substantial sole and a new pull tab. These remain my personal choice for ankle high down booties.
- Even on sale at $39 these are a bust.
- My biggest complaint is the "Heavy duty nylon sole". That material wore through after 3 months, and now after 8 months of light in home wear there is a 3" hole on bottom of both of both booties in front part, and 2" holes on the heels. Light wear is 2 or 3 evenings a week. The down is now in clumps in various locations. I have a pair of Sierra Design calf high down slippers that have held up quite well after one season, but they used a different material on the soles. The moccasins here I wouldn't buy for $15.
Questions & Answers
Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Here is a size chart for Sierra Designs Men's Booties:
S - fits men's shoe sizes 7-8
M - fits men's shoe sizes 8.5-9.5
L - fits men's shoe sizes 10-11
XL - fits men's shoe sizes 11.5-13
Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.
- Product Reviews
- Questions & Answers