Technical specifications & features
|Weight||10.9 oz / 310 g|
|Mfg Sku/Part Number||06951|
|Treatment Type||Gravity Filter|
|Filter Material||Hollow Fibers|
|Flow Rate||Up to 1.75 L/min|
|Protects Against||Protozoa and Bacteria|
|Material||Polyurethane, Silicone, Polypropylene / High Density Polyethylene|
|Dimensions||Packed Width: 3 in / 8 cm
Packed Length: 9 in / 23 cm
|Other Features||• Complete Kit: Easily configure the system to your needs with the included 2.0L flexible water bottle and adapters* for maximum versatility and adaptability.
• No pumping: Just fill the dirty reservoir, hang it, and let gravity do the hard work.
• Fast: Filters up to 1.75 liters per minute; filter lifetime up to 1,500 liters of water.
• Effective: Meets all EPA & NSF guidelines for the removal of 99.9999% of bacteria and 99.9% of protozoa (Giardia, Cryptosporidium, E. coli, Salmonella and Cholera).
• Ultralight & Ultra-compact: System can weigh as little as 6.3 oz. (180 g) and stows smaller than most 1L bottles (depends on configuration).
• Field-cleanable: Microfilter can be easily backflushed in 4 seconds to maintain filter performance.
• Hollow Fiber Advantage: Hundreds of tiny, hollow fibers enable the microfilter to filter water faster than traditional filter media.
• Easy collecting & dispensing: Collecting water is easy—simply open the top, scoop water, and close; control delivery of filtered water with hose shutoff clamp.
• Adapters interface with all Platypus bottles, push/pull “sport” bottle caps, and most bottles from MSR®, Nalgene®, Klean Kanteen®, CamelBak®, Hydro Flask® and many more
• Allows backflushing/cleaning in the field
• SlimeGuard™ antimicrobial-treated reservoir
• Includes: 2.0L Dirty reservoir, 2.0L Platy™ bottle, Hollow Fiber microfilter, Universal Bottle Adapter, Push/Pull Cap Adapter, hoses, storage sack.
Made in U.S.A. of U.S. and Imported Materials
Questions & Answers
Thanks for your question. To keep your bags from getting funky in the first place, it's recommended that you store them dry and open. Platypus treats their reservoirs with SlimeGuard so as long as they are dry and can breathe, they're pretty anti-microbial.
If they do get funky though, you've got a few options for cleaning them. First, you'll want to rinse any solid material out of the bag and flush out the hose. Some warm water and a few good shakes should do the trick. Then depending on how funky the bag is (or what you have in your cupboard) you can use half a teaspoon of bleach, or two tablespoons of baking soda, or two cups of white vinegar. Fill the rest of the bag with warm water, give it a vigorous shaking, and let it sit for 30 minutes. I'm not a fan of bleach myself so I use the baking soda. You can add a little bit of lemon juice as well to keep it from tasting like cleaning products. After 30 minutes, rinse thoroughly and allow to dry completely before storing.
Don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or concerns.
- Questions & Answers
- Similar Products