Osprey - Aura 65 AG - Women's
Check out the video tab for the Backpacker Magazine review of the Aura AG.
Backpacker Magazine Editors' Choice 2015 Winner!
Technical specifications & features
|Weight||XSM: 4 lbs 0 oz (1.81 kg)
SML: 4 lbs 2 oz (1.87 kg)
MED: 4 lbs 4 oz (1.93 kg)
|Mfg Sku/Part Number||025265|
|Cubic Inches||XSM: 3661
|Frame Description||Anti-Gravity Suspension: LightWire™ tensioned full peripheral frame comfortably transfers pack load|
|Sleeping Bag Compartment||Yes|
|Material||MAIN: 100D x 630D Nylon Dobby
ACCENT: 210D High Tenacity Nylon
BOTTOM: 420HD Nylon Packcloth
|Torso Length Range||XSM: 14-17" / 35-43 cm
SML: 16-19" / 40-48 cm
MED: 18-21" / 46-53 cm
|Weight Capacity||30-50 lbs|
|Other Features||DIMENSIONS (size Small)
INCHES: 31 H x 15 W x 15 D
CENTIMETERS: 79 H x 38 W x 39 D
• Top-to-bottom suspended mesh wraps shoulders, back and hips for a fully integrated backpanel fit
Anti-Gravity™ Mesh Harness
• Adjustable suspended harness with structural load lifters
• Die cut foam lower and mesh ExoForm™ wrap upper
• Gender specific
Anti-Gravity™ / Fit-On-The-Fly™ Hipbelt
• Suspended mesh hip wrap for load transfer, comfort, and superb breathability
• Adjustable Fit-on-the-Fly™ hipbelt for easy micro-adjustment
• Gender specific
-- Top load access to main compartment
-- Removable floating top lid
-- Upper side compression straps
-- Dual stretch mesh side pockets
-- Dual zippered hipbelt pockets
-- Dual ice tool loops with bungee tie-offs
-- Large stretch mesh front pocket
-- Lower zippered sleeping bag compartment
-- Dual zippered top lid pockets
-- Internal reservoir sleeve
-- Stow-on-the-Go™ trekking pole attachment
-- Internal top compression strap
-- Integrated FlapJacket™ for weather-protected lidless use
• The integrated FlapJacket™ lid deploys to provide main compartment protection from the elements and pack compression to keep the pack load stable when the top lid is removed.
Anti-Gravity™ Suspended Harness
• This harness uses unique stiffened load lifters to comfortably suspend the harness wrap over the back of the shoulders and maintain balanced load transfer across all the pack's contact points. It also utilizes a simple new torso adjustment system to dial in the perfect fit.
• This lightweight, body contouring suspension literally allows the wearer to move as if they don't have a pack on. Seamless suspended mesh from the shoulder blades to the lumbar/hipbelt region disperses and balances the load superbly.
• Dual zippered front panel pockets
• Removable sleeping pad straps
- Best backpack ever!!
I bought this backpack last week for the upcoming backpacking season, after reading several reviews online and in Backpacker Magazine. I then went into a store that sold the pack and tried it on with 40 pounds in it. I walked around the store for 15 minutes and it literally felt awesome!! Comparing the pack to the pack I used last year, REI Womens Flash 58 (2 pounds), which I used all season and hiked over 200 miles with it fully loaded (35-40 lbs). This pack is leaps and bounds better in every way. Yes, it is 4 pounds but believe me it doesn't matter!! The pack fits like it was made for me, it did not feel like I was carrying 40 pounds it felt at least half that. Super impressed, I don't know why I waited so long to buy this pack. I also got a deal on this pack! $234 (with coupon discount code) total including a FREE Osprey UL stuff sack! Best money ever spent! When the pack arrived I immediately adjusted it and put all my gear in it including my bear canister fully loaded with 5 days of food. Everything minus water was in the pack and total weight around 35 pounds. I walked around the house for a while and was very impressed with the fit, no swaying, easy to bend over to pick things up, easy to reach my Nalgene bottles on the side. Also I love all the extra compression straps and places to hand gear. I easily hung my solar panels to a convenient spot where the sun will hit it. Can't say enough good things about this pack. It's all good! I don't think I will ever need another pack for thru hiking ever again , unless its to replace this one in ten years.
BUY IT ! :) YOU WILL LOVE IT !
Questions & Answers
Thank you for your question.
Was there a particular size and color you were looking for? It looks like some we have in stock, and some are currently available from Osprey for us to backorder.
Let me know, and we can go from there.
Thank you for your question.
We expect to receive some AG series packs by the beginning of March, with their full line arriving by the end of March.
I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.
Related Blog Posts
- Product Reviews
- Questions & Answers
- Similar Products