NRS - Captain Rescue Knife
Technical specifications & features
|Color||Orange / Black|
|Mfg Sku/Part Number||47307.02.100|
|Length||Blade Length: 3 in.
Overall Length (open): 7.5 in.
|Material||Blade: 420 HC stainless steel
Handle: Glass-reinforced polypropylene with TPR overmold
|Other Features||• Unique design includes an efficient rope-cutting hook at the knife's blunt tip. A skilled hand can safely slip the hook under a rope pinned to a person's body.
• Super sharp serrated edge easily slices through rope and webbing.
• Folding blade opens with one hand and locks in place for security.
• A spring metal clip keeps the knife where you want it, or you can remove the clip for a sleeker profile.
• Reversible stainless clip attaches to lash tab and lets right- and left-handers operate it smoothly. When removing the clip and reinstalling it on the other side of the sheath, we recommend applying Loctite® or other thread locker to the screws to prevent loosening.
• Blunt tip also serves as a slot screwdriver.
• Lanyard hole lets you conveniently tether the knife to prevent loss.
• The handy bottle opener will hopefully be the feature you use most.
- Safe knife for rescue situations
I recently took a water safety class and it reminded me I need to get a knife for emergencies when whitewater kayaking.
I wanted a knife that would attach to my PFD in an unobtrusive manner, would cut ropes or straps which might be causing problems, but that wouldn't cut me or the victim by accident.
This knife fit the bill. It is very safe to use in extreme situations. I've been on the water when someone one was entangled with a strap. If I'd had this knife, it would've been perfect. It was in the middle of the rapids and I wouldn't have pulled out a sharp pointed knife for fear of stabbing the guy by accident. This knife would let you easily (with one hand) cut just the strap, even if its close to the skin.
Questions & Answers
- Product Reviews
- Questions & Answers
- Similar Products