MSR - PocketRocket
International Restrictions Apply
Technical specifications & features
|Weight||3 oz. / 86 gm|
|Mfg Sku/Part Number||11792|
|Fuel Type||Gas Canisters|
|Boil Time||3.5 min for 1 Liter|
|Stove Igniter||No Igniter|
|Stove System||Stove Only|
- Outstanding Product
- Used mine twice a day all last week on the Appalachian Trail. Lights fast, burns hot, heats water quickly. Very reasonable fuel consumption. Light weight and small, definitely pleased with the pocket rocket!!
- All day
- Yep! all year summer to winter. it is low weight, boiling water fast, and work in cold whether. With a wind shield it will work on a 50kl/h winds!
- Good stove for hikers and climbers
- Because it is light and hot burning, it can be very efficient. If you are using a cozy with your pot, you can turn the stove off the minute the water boils. I've cooked on one canister for more than a week using a cozy. That inclused a hot breakfast w/tea, hot dinner w/tea and usually one tea break during the day. This is a simple and usable as any lightweight stove.
- Easy to use and compact
- The MSR Pocket Rocket is a great "go-to" stove for any backpacker. The stove is small, light and very easy to use. The stove attaches to any standard fuel canister and burns hot. Although small, the arms can hold most pots and fry pans (for backpacking); however using a windscreen of some sort is recommended. If I'm mainly looking to boil water the pocket rocket is often my stove of choice. The pocket rocket also works great with espresso percolators (for you car campers out there). The pocket rocket is also very easy to pack and fits into most cups/mugs/pots. The pocket rocket does not come with an auto ignite system meaning that you will need to bring matches and/or a lighter, and it doe snot simmer so be careful if you plan on cooking with the stove. It does have a fuel regulator; however, the "low" setting is still rather "hot". I recommend this stove for anyone who is just getting into backpacking, or on the fence of what stove to buy. It's a great starter stove and the price is right.
Questions & Answers
Related Blog Posts
- Product Reviews
- Questions & Answers