Six Moon Designs - Lunar Solo
The sleeping area is surrounded by a 6-inch-deep bathtub floor, topped by 6 inches of mesh. This ensures excellent ventilation while keeping you separated from low canopy walls. This keeps you drier on those occasions when condensation forms on the canopy.
The vestibule is set on the long side of the tent to maximize views and ventilation when fully open. Close it and you've got phenomenal protection from the worst storms.
A 2012 redesign raised the canopy 3" to 48" and offset the pole; the result was considerably more headroom. Extending the floor to 90" and making the end walls vertical enhances sleeping for taller individuals. The slight reduction in floor space is more than compensated for by better weather handling. With more vertical walls, the Lunar Solo easily sheds wind and snow.
Expected to resume shipping in mid-April 2017.
Technical specifications & features
|Weight||24 oz (680 g)|
|Tent Sleeps||1 Person|
|Area||26 ft² (2.4 m²)|
|Tent Type||Single Wall|
|Vestibule Size||8.5 ft² (0.8 m²)|
|Number of Doors||1 Door|
|Width||48 in at widest interior point|
|Height||48 in at tallest point|
|Tent Pole Type||Requires one pole: either a trekking pole or the Six Moon 49 inch pole (both sold separately)|
|Stuff Size||15" x 4.5"|
|Material||Canopy: 30D Silicon Nylon
Floor: 40D Silicon Nylon
Netting: 20D Ultralight No-See-Um
|Other Features||- Includes: Tent, Stuff Sack, and Guy Lines
- Pole, footprint, and stakes sold separately
- Requires 6 stakes
- Full Vestibule provides protection while still maintaining good ventilation when closed. Fully open, the vestibule maximizes ventilation and view.
- High Vent removes excess moisture build up.
- Zipper Vestibule Closure makes opening and closing the vestibule a snap.
- Single Piece Bathtub Floor makes a more watertight floor.
- Easy Tensioning Adjustment makes keeping your the tent taut a trivial task that can be accomplished while still in your sleeping bag. Re-tension straps have been added to all tie out points.
- Floating Canopy allows the canopy to be set to different heights.
- Floating Floor reduces floor stress and helps to minimize punctures from sharp objects.
- Optimized Sleeping Area is oriented to maximize usable space, ventilation and view. A peak height of 48 inches gives you plenty of head room.
- Center Pole Support significantly improves the ability of the tent to handle wind and snow loads.
- Single Hiking Pole Support reduces the amount of gear need.
- Internal Gear Area keeps your gear easily accessible.
- Oversized Screen Door allows easy entrance and exit while keeping the front pole out of your way.
- Ultra-light Waterproof Canopy is made from high strength 30 denier Silicone Nylon.
- Handy Mesh Cargo Pocket
- Extremely Easy Setup in less than two minutes under any conditions.
Please note, this tent must be seam-sealed to ensure waterproofness before use. Six Moon recommends McNett Silnet Seam Sealer (not included).
- Detailed pitching instructions at https://www.sixmoondesigns.com/blog/75-lunar-solo-the-perfect-pitch.html
Questions & Answers
Was interested in buying this item here since it is completely sold out on the manufacturer website. With buying it through here I am concerned about the return and warranty policy regarding the product. I am definitely set on this tent but of course with any gear I would like to try it one or two times to make sure it's perfect. I will be hiking the PCT in May of this year :).
Thank you for your question.
Any Six Moon Design's tent carries their warranty, which protects the tent against defects in materials and workmanship for the usable life of the product. Regarding our return policy, the tent would have to be in new condition with tags within 60 days for it to qualify for a return and refund. We do encourage customers to set up their tent indoors in a clean, controlled environment to make sure it is going to work before bringing it out on the trail.
Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.
- Questions & Answers
- Similar Products