Six Moon Designs - Lunar Solo LE
As with the Lunar Solo, its hexagonal shape spills wind and sheds snow, making it a very secure home in severe weather.
The low hexagonal shape easily sheds the wind no matter the direction. Short steeply-sloped sides handle snow or high winds with ease. A generous canopy covers a 26 sq. ft. sleeping area plus 8.5 sq. ft. of vestibule storage. The 48" peak height, set in the middle of the tent, maximizes room for sitting and taking care of chores.
Polyester is hydrophobic so it repels water. Unlike sil-nylon it doesn't tend to stretch when it gets cold. So it stays more rigid once it's set up. Polyester is more resistant to UV light. So it receives less damage when set up for longer periods of time. Finally, the Polyester fabric is fire rated but we still recommend you keep it away from any flame source.
The sleeping area is surrounded by a 6-inch-deep bathtub floor, topped by 6 inches of mesh. This ensures excellent ventilation while keeping you separated from low canopy walls. This keeps you drier on those occasions when condensation forms on the canopy.
The vestibule is set on the long side of the tent to maximize views and ventilation when fully open. Close it and you've got phenomenal protection from the worst storms.
Technical specifications & features
|Tent Sleeps||1 Person|
|Area||26 ft² (2.4 m²)|
|Tent Type||Single Wall|
|Vestibule Size||8.5 ft² (0.8 m²)|
|Number of Doors||1 Door|
|Width||48 in at widest interior point|
|Height||48 in at tallest point|
|Tent Pole Type||Requires one pole: either a trekking pole or the Six Moon 49 inch pole (both sold separately)|
|Stuff Size||15" x 4.5"|
|Material||Canopy: 30D Silicone Nylon
Floor: 70D Polyester
Netting: 20D No-See-Um
|Other Features||- Includes: Tent, Stuff Sack, and Guy Lines
- Pole, footprint, and stakes sold separately
- Requires 6 stakes
- Full Vestibule provides protection while still maintaining good ventilation when closed. Fully open, the vestibule maximizes ventilation and view.
- High Vent removes excess moisture build up.
- Zipper Vestibule Closure makes opening and closing the vestibule a snap.
- Heavy Duty Bathtub Floor makes a more durable, no slip and watertight floor.
- Easy Tensioning Adjustment makes keeping the tent taut a trivial task that can be accomplished while still in your sleeping bag. Re-tension straps have been added to all tie out points.
- Floating Canopy allows the canopy to be set to different heights.
- Floating Floor reduces floor stress and helps to minimize punctures from sharp objects.
- Optimized Sleeping Area is oriented to maximize usable space, ventilation and view. A peak height of 48 inches gives you plenty of headroom.
- Center Pole Support significantly improves the ability of the tent to handle wind and snow loads.
- Can be pitched with a single trekking pole to reduce the amount of gear needed
- Internal Gear Area keeps your gear easily accessible.
- Oversized Screen Door allows easy entrance and exit while keeping the front pole out of your way.
- Ultralight Waterproof Canopy is made from high strength 30 denier Silicone Nylon.
- Handy Mesh Cargo Pocket
- Extremely Easy Setup in less than two minutes under any conditions.
Please note, this tent must be seam-sealed to ensure waterproofness before use. Six Moon recommends McNett Silnet Seam Sealer.
- Detailed pitching instructions at https://www.sixmoondesigns.com/blog/75-lunar-solo-the-perfect-pitch.html
- Great product
- Used this past weekend on a chilly trip to Trail Creek Lake in the Sawtooth Wilderness. The tent was flawless and withstood gusting winds to 30 mph most of the night. Stuffing this into my pack was way easier then my old eureka apex, and about 1/3 the weight. I am very satisfied.
Questions & Answers
Thank you for your question.
The Lunar Solo LE does require a 49" pole, so you unfortunately be unable to use your 100cm trekking pole assuming it is a fixed length. Your best bet would be to carry either Six Moon's 49" Carbon Fiber pole, which at 1.8 oz and $30 is not an awful weight or cost imposition, or an adjustable trekking pole that could work as both your 100cm trekking pole and as a 49" tent pole. Otherwise, you could likely fashion an extension to your current trekking pole with a little ingenuity, but unfortunately we do not sell any formal pole extenders, and it may end up costing more in time, weight and effort than the Carbon pole from Six Moons.
I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.
- Product Reviews
- Questions & Answers
- Similar Products