Technical specifications & features
|Weight||Basic: 10.5 kg / 23 lbs
Inner Tent 8: 4.2 kg / 9 lbs 4 oz
Floorless Inner Tent: 2.1 kg / 4 lbs 10 oz
Floor: 2.8 kg / 6 lbs 3 oz
Vestibule: 1.4 kg / 3 lbs 2 oz
Connector: 700 g / 1 lb 9 oz
Backpack: 340 g / 12 oz
|Tent Sleeps||7+ Person|
|Area||156 sq ft|
|Tent Type||Single Wall|
|Vestibule Size||Optional External Vestibule Area: 3 m² / 32.3 ft²|
|Number of Doors||2 Doors|
|Length||171 in. (435 cm)|
|Width||167 in. (425 cm)|
|Height||78 in. at peak|
|Tent Pole Type||17mm poles: 2 x 768, 2 x 668, 1 x 620, 1 x 212 cm (2 x 302, 2 x 263, 1 x 244, 1 x 84 in)
(The 212 cm / 84 in pole is 9 mm in diameter, and supports the roof vent cover.)
|Number of Tent Poles||6|
|Material||Basic: Kerlon 2000 fabric|
|Other Features||The Atlas Basic includes outer tent, poles, guy lines, vent cover with pole, and 20 Y-pegs.
• The Atlas can be used in its Basic form, with no inner tent or floor, or it can be customized as needed with a variety of options (all sold separately):
- The Inner Tent 8, which sleeps eight persons, has a sewn-in floor.
- The Floorless Inner also sleeps eight, and can be paired with the Detachable Floor, which can also be used without the inner tent.
- The External Vestibule can be added to either door for outside shelter and extra storage space
- The Connector can join two Atlas tents together to make a "tent city"
- The Atlas Backpack transports an Atlas and all its optional components in a compact, easy-to-carry package.
• The Atlas' Kerlon outer tent fabric and 17 mm poles with multiple crossing points make for an exceptionally stable tent with outstanding snow-load handling capability.
• The Atlas will accommodate double poling, which is an excellent practice when using the tent for a base camp in exposed terrain in extreme conditions.
• Multiple guyline points – including those on the vent covers – afford even greater stability, especially as many of the guy line attachment loops are designed to be wrapped around poles or pole crossing points.
• Its modular design lets you use only the outer with vent cover (Atlas Basic), or add the inner tent and/or floor. The floor itself can be configured to cover the entire floor space, or only half if you wish to have a kind of mud room area on one side and a sleeping area on the other. It can also be arranged with an open aisle down the middle.
• The Atlas' ventilation works in all conditions, as there are two fully adjustable roof vents in the outer tent – and matching ones in the optional inner tent – both of which are accessible from inside the tent. There is also a rectangular mesh panel at the base of the outer tent door covered by a zipper-adjustable fabric panel. In addition, half of the inner tent door has a no-see-um mesh panel covered with an equal sized, zipper-adjustable fabric panel for greater venting and weather-protection options. A separate vent cover ensures that the weather stays on the outside.
- Questions & Answers
- Options & Accessories for the Atlas
- Similar Products