Hilleberg - Atlas
The Atlas can be used in its Basic form, with no inner tent or floor, or it can be customized as needed with a variety of options (all sold separately). The Inner Tent, which sleeps eight, has a sewn-in floor. The Floorless Inner also sleeps eight, and can be paired with the detachable Atlas Floor, which can also be used without the inner tent. External Vestibules can be added to either door, and the Connector can join multiple Atlas tents together. And the included Carrier Bag is designed to function as a backpack for transporting an Atlas and all its optional components in a compact, easy-to-carry package.
A note on colors: Fabric dyes have natural variations, so the actual tent color may look slightly different from what is pictured here.
International Restrictions Apply
Technical specifications & features
|Weight||Basic: 10.5 kg / 23 lbs
Inner Tent 8: 4.2 kg / 9 lbs 4 oz
Floorless Inner Tent: 2.1 kg / 4 lbs 10 oz
Floor: 2.8 kg / 6 lbs 3 oz
Vestibule: 1.4 kg / 3 lbs 2 oz
Connector: 700 g / 1 lb 9 oz
Backpack: 340 g / 12 oz
|Tent Sleeps||7+ Person|
|Area||156 sq ft|
|Tent Type||Single Wall|
|Vestibule Size||Optional External Vestibule Area: 3 m² / 32.3 ft²|
|Number of Doors||2 Doors|
|Length||171 in. (435 cm)|
|Width||167 in. (425 cm)|
|Height||78 in. at peak|
|Tent Pole Type||17mm poles: 2 x 768, 2 x 668, 1 x 620, 1 x 212 cm (2 x 302, 2 x 263, 1 x 244, 1 x 84 in)
(The 212 cm / 84 in pole is 9 mm in diameter, and supports the roof vent cover.)
|Number of Tent Poles||6|
|Material||Basic: Kerlon 2000 fabric|
|Other Features||The Atlas Basic includes outer tent, poles, guy lines, vent cover with pole, and 20 Y-pegs.
• The Atlas can be used in its Basic form, with no inner tent or floor, or it can be customized as needed with a variety of options (all sold separately):
- The Inner Tent 8, which sleeps eight persons, has a sewn-in floor.
- The Floorless Inner also sleeps eight, and can be paired with the Detachable Floor, which can also be used without the inner tent.
- The External Vestibule can be added to either door for outside shelter and extra storage space
- The Connector can join two Atlas tents together to make a "tent city"
- The Atlas Backpack transports an Atlas and all its optional components in a compact, easy-to-carry package.
• The Atlas' Kerlon outer tent fabric and 17 mm poles with multiple crossing points make for an exceptionally stable tent with outstanding snow-load handling capability.
• The Atlas will accommodate double poling, which is an excellent practice when using the tent for a base camp in exposed terrain in extreme conditions.
• Multiple guyline points – including those on the vent covers – afford even greater stability, especially as many of the guy line attachment loops are designed to be wrapped around poles or pole crossing points.
• Its modular design lets you use only the outer with vent cover (Atlas Basic), or add the inner tent and/or floor. The floor itself can be configured to cover the entire floor space, or only half if you wish to have a kind of mud room area on one side and a sleeping area on the other. It can also be arranged with an open aisle down the middle.
• The Atlas' ventilation works in all conditions, as there are two fully adjustable roof vents in the outer tent – and matching ones in the optional inner tent – both of which are accessible from inside the tent. There is also a rectangular mesh panel at the base of the outer tent door covered by a zipper-adjustable fabric panel. In addition, half of the inner tent door has a no-see-um mesh panel covered with an equal sized, zipper-adjustable fabric panel for greater venting and weather-protection options. A separate vent cover ensures that the weather stays on the outside.
- Questions & Answers
- Similar Products