Hilleberg - Akto
Check out the video for pitching instructions.
International Restrictions Apply
Technical specifications & features
|Weight||Packed weight: 1.7 kg / 3 lbs 12 oz|
|Tent Sleeps||1 Person|
|Minimum Weight||1.3 kg / 2 lbs 13 oz|
|Area||18.3 sq. ft.|
|Tent Type||Double Wall|
|Vestibule Size||8.6 sq. ft.|
|Tent Pole Type||Aluminum|
|Number of Tent Poles||1|
|Material||Kerlon 1200 fabric|
|Other Features||Outer tent: Kerlon 1200 fabric
Inner tent: repellent and venting nylon
Light weight ground sheet with PU coating; bathtub style
Linked inner and outer tent - easily taken apart for separate use
Vertical inner tent entrance
Inner pocket and loops for a clothes line
Adjustable vents at both ends of tent; protected from the rain
Vent integrated in top of the outer tent for chimney effect
Vent in inner tent entrance with no-see-um mesh and cover
Pole sleeves with only one opening, enough room for double poling
Pole tensioners with room for double poling
Double guy lines with runners at the ends of the outer tent
Guy lines with line runners on vents
Strong double guy line attachments and double line runners on each side
Reflective fabric strips to make seeing the tent easier at night
Please note, pitching the inner tent on its own requires the Akto Pole Holder Pitching Kit (sold separately).
A note on colors: Fabric dyes have natural variations, so the actual tent color may look slightly different from what is pictured.
- Good value tent.
I have had this tent for over 5 years now and cannot complain about its performance. It has kept me warm and dry in some putrid conditions! Eg 7 days of torrential rain,wind and snow in SW Tasmania.
Cons: The zip on the inner is a little difficult to access, being in the bottom corner of the tent. If the pegs are not inserted all the way into the ground( as instructed) they can fly out in gale force winds. Others have commented on condensation but I have found that If the tent is vented as directed, there will still be some condensation, but no more than any other tent I have used.
Pros: The vestibule space is fantastic, great for gear storage ( have never had wet gear from rain seeping under the fly)and cooking in bad weather, the inner space is large with a very good floor material used, the head space is adequate. A few extra cm can be squeezed out in height by adjusting the pole tensioner under the tent. This gives a bit less vestibule space but more head height. I use the mesh inner as it gives a much airier feel to the tent. The fabric inner is used in snow conditions. I can pitch this tent in 2-3 minutes and take down in same. A well made quality tent that I love using.
- An excellent tent.
- A high quality tent. Well thought out. Attention to detail. High quality build Definitely recommend. Bought the tent for long distance bicycle trekking. Have used on several micro-adventures since purchase. Quick, light, easy to set up. No issues. Tent performs as advertised. Highly recommend. The Akto is worth the price.
- Great tent for a specific purpose
Just got back from a one week backcountry Colorado elk hunt with my new Akto. Bottom line is the tent did everything I asked it to do in a week featuring lows in the 40s-50s and rain every single day.
Make no mistake...this tent is small. Of course, that's also why it weighs only 3.5 lbs. I am 6-1 and it was roomy enough in length but just barely so in height. I could sit up in the middle of the tent, but had to bend my neck forward to avoid hitting the roof with my head. But when you are working on something, you are generally looking down anyway so I regard this as manageable. If you are taller than I, it might be a problem.
The tent has been criticized by others for accumulating condensation inside but I experienced this only 2 nights out of 6 despite the frequent rain. I don't regard this a a big deal--just take care not to brush against the inside of the tent and you won't get wet. It's not like the condensation drips on you; it just forms against the inner surface under certain temperature/humidity conditions. As far as the "external" weather, the tent did great, standing up to repeated driving rain and considerable ponding/runoff on the ground outside. No leaks or water intrusion at all.
As far as internal space, I had just enough for what I needed--again, this is the point in buying a tent like this anyway. I had enough room to store spare clothes down by my feet, while the vestibule was big enough to hold my bow, my Eberlestock pack, and miscellaneous stuff like water bottles and my stove and boots. I have the footprint attached to my tent and I recommend it for the floor that it provides in the vestibule.
In summary, this tent is expensive but it is extremely well made and high quality. If what you need is a minimal tent for minimal weight, then go for the Akto. (Since my wife has lately expressed interest in coming with me into the backcountry, I think my next tent will be a 3-man Nallo with a vestibule--more versatility, more room to move around and not all that much heavier.)
- excellent tent for solo hiking
- Tested this tent in rainy conditions and it performes perfectly. Highly recommend to use footprint, it minimizes condensation to zero. In moscito-heavy forest inner tent provided ultimate comfort. rahter expensive tent, but worth every cent of price!
- met or exceeded my expectations
- so heres the low down, wish it were cheaper but when al hell is breaking loose cost is not what you're concernd about. in the akto you have a bombproff exoskelital tent that's lightweight and superbly crafted from the finest materals , this thing pitches in 6 mins. it will keep you dry safe and warm. when the big storm rolls in at 3 am you know that everything is gonna be just fine. weather is no longer a factor in the decision to go backpacking or not. like the green color 2 it hides nicely.
- great tent
- not much heavier than bivy sac .with a lot more room.love for camping in the snow.
- my opinion of the akto
- over all it a good tent; very strong; but the coffin effect is not for me.
Questions & Answers
- Product Reviews
- Questions & Answers
- Similar Products