Six Moon Designs - Haven Tarp - Cuben Fiber
With its dual pole design, the 48" wide canopy provides a tremendous amount of headroom. The wide canopy creates nearly vertical sidewalls. This in turn translates to more usable space with the tarp and less chance of brushing up against the sidewalls.
The center peak of the Haven is offset slightly toward the front of the tent. This raises the canopy off your face and sets the peak to a more natural position when sitting.
The Haven Tarp can be set up using your hiking poles or optional carbon fiber poles (sold separately). Dual tabs on either side of the canopy allow the Haven Tarp to be hung from a line between two trees, eliminating the need for poles.
The Haven Tarp is designed to be mated with the Haven NetTent (sold separately). Together they form a luxurious double wall shelter.
Most of the tarp / NetTent combos on the market today require the NetTent to be set up first, followed by the tarp. Typically the poles are inside of the NetTent, making them easy to bump into in the middle of the night. This kind of setup makes it impossible to keep your NetTent dry when setting up or taking down your shelter in the rain.
The Haven Tarp / NetTent combo is designed so that the NetTent hangs from the tarp. This configuration allows the tarp to be set up first or taken down last under rainy conditions. Your NetTent will remain dry and safely secure in your pack.
Technical specifications & features
|Weight||10 oz (283 g)|
|Tent Sleeps||2 Person|
|Area||53 ft² / 4.9 m²|
|Number of Doors||2 Doors|
|Tent Pole Type||Requires two trekking poles or two 45 inch Aluminum or Carbon Fiber Poles for setup (sold separately)|
|Stuff Size||12 x 4.5 in|
|Material||0.75 oz. Cuben Fiber|
|Other Features||- Includes: Tarp, Stuff Sack, Guylines
- Stakes and poles not included
- Requires 6 stakes
- Full 360-degree protection allows this tarp to provide enhanced security compared to traditional flat tarps.
- High Vent removes excess moisture buildup.
- Zipper Vestibule Closure makes opening and closing the vestibules a snap.
- Dual Side Entry makes entry and exit easy.
- Easy Tensioning Adjustment makes keeping the tent taut a trivial task that can be accomplished while still in your sleeping bag. Re-tension straps have been added to all tie out points.
- Floating Canopy allows the canopy to be set to different heights.
- Optimized Sleeping Area is oriented to maximize usable space, ventilation and view. A peak height of 45 inches gives you plenty of headroom.
- Dual Pole Support significantly improves headroom and interior space.
- Ultralight waterproof canopy is made from high-strength 0.75 oz Cuben Fiber.
- Taped seams provide the strongest seams currently available.
- Extremely Easy Setup in less than two minutes under any conditions. For the most part all of the critical seams on this tent are bound with a special Cuben Fiber tape that will render the seam watertight. Some of less-critical sewn seams do need to be seam sealed to ensure waterproofness. This can be done with either McNett's SilNet silicone seam seal or McNett's Seam Grip seam sealer.
Questions & Answers
- Product Reviews
- Questions & Answers