Edelrid - Flycatcher 6.9 Twin Ropes and Micro Jul (Fall 2015)
Attention: These ropes are not suitable for working routes or toproping, and require extra care when belaying. They should not be used by beginning belayers.
bluesign® Certified: This designation ensures that the final textile product meets very stringent consumer safety requirements worldwide, and also provides confidence that you are acquiring a sustainable product produced without harmful substances.
Technical specifications & features
|Weight||Rope: 2100 g (4.63 lbs)
Micro Jul: 60 g (0.13 lbs)
|Rope Length||60 Meter|
|Mfg Sku/Part Number||E710410609000|
|Rope Diameter||< 8 mm|
|Rope Diameter||6.9 mm|
|Rope Type||Twin & Half|
|Grams / Meter||35|
|UIAA Fall Rating||17|
|Impact Force (kN)||9.8|
|Other Features||Sheath Proportion (%) : 35
Sheath Slippage (mm) : 0
• Ultra-light, minimal diameter
• Only available as a set (2 ropes and Micro Jul)
Edelrid's Pro Line ropes feature their most innovative technologies and highest-quality finishing processes. They combine minimal weight and diameter with durability and superior handling. Edelrid Pro Line ropes are designed to meet the highest requirements - for climbers who only want the best.
- Pro Shield Finish for optimal performance: increases a rope's ability to withstand external forces (falls). During the finishing process every single core and sheath yarn is covered with a Teflon coating. The microscopic Teflon particles are bonded to each individual fiber, giving the rope a protective coating that substantially improves its loading characteristics. In addition, the Pro Shield finish also provides increased dirt and water resistance
- Dry Shield Finish for outstanding dirt and water resistance in both sheath and core. This finish provides a long-lasting hydrophobic coating and is resistant to washing out. It protects the yarns from dirt and water. Together with the Thermo Shield treatment, Dry Shield ensures optimal handling, abrasion resistance and a long functional lifespan.
- Thermo Shield Finish for perfect handling: the standard treatment applied to all Edelrid's ropes, which gives them their famous Edelrid handling characteristics and feel. This thermal-stabilizing process ensures that the core and sheath yarns are perfectly balanced and will not stretch differentially over time. A special heat treatment cure first relaxes then shrinks the rope's fibers. This harmonizes the yarns inside the rope and ensures that it remains compact and supple throughout its life.
• For belaying a leader or bringing up 2 seconds, also suitable for rappelling
• Robust solid stainless steel construction
• Very lightweight construction
• High braking performance assists the belayer with leader falls
• Small eyelet for releasing unit with a carabiner when bringing up your partner
• Rope can be paid out faster to a leader by holding device in the “open” position with the thumb
• Suitable for 6.9 - 8.5 mm double and twin ropes
Questions & Answers
- Product Reviews
- Questions & Answers
- Similar Products