Black Diamond - HiLight
Superlight Series tent canopies and bivys are constructed with NanoShield—Black Diamond’s proprietary breathable single-layer fabric. NanoShield is extremely water-resistant boasting the highest water column rating of any breathable, single-layer fabric. This is thanks to their exclusive Silicone Nanocell coating, which allows the fabric to remain light, soft and packable.
Technical specifications & features
|Weight||Average Packed Weight : 1.42 kg (3 lb 2 oz)
Minimum Weight : 1.18 kg (2 lb 10 oz)
|Tent Sleeps||2 Person|
|Area||206 x 127 x 102 x 102 cm (81 x 50 x 40 x 40 in), 2.5 m² (27 sq ft)|
|Tent Type||Single Wall|
|Number of Doors||1 Door|
|Tent Pole Type||DAC Featherlite Aluminum poles|
|Number of Tent Poles||2|
|Stuff Size||6 x 9 in.|
|Material||NanoShield single walled fabric and 2000mm floor|
|Other Features||-- 1- or 2-person design with single door entry and optional vestibule for gear storage
-- Two-and-a-half-pole design provides twice the strength and a drip-free awning
-- 2 interior mesh pockets
-- Mesh window on door and back wall for ventilation
-- Proprietary NanoShield single-wall fabric and 2000 mm floor
-- Optional ground cloth available
-- Check with your Attorney General's office for flame retardancy requirements on tents in your state (or province).
- Holds up to major rainstorms
- I've had this tent over 3 years. In Oct, 2013, I went to Zalenski State Forest in Southern, OH. I was hit by a torrential down pour that began at 3:00 am and lasted until 10:00 am. (7 Hrs)!!! The temperature was in the mid to upper 30's. I was so glad I had a tent that kept me and my gear warm & dry. Although, there was some condensation on the inside tent walls (to be expected) I could not be more pleased with my HiLight tent. It was a life-saver. I would recommend this tent to anyone.
- Light and strong tent
A motion of the fastener on the backside of this tent is not good.
But light and strong for wind.So very good tent for me. Thank you.
- sweet tent
- I have owned my Hlight for 4 years. Amazingly light and breathable, I love it!!!!! Never had any leaking and it is a delight to carry in my pack.
- Works well in Northeast PA in cold weather
- Had this out last weekend in cold, foggy weather on the AT. The tent was warm against the cold and wind and I could dial in the ventilation with the two zippered windows. Only very mild condensation on the inside of the tent in the morning. I left the vents fully opened when I got up to cook breakfast and when I came 20 minutes later the inside was totally dry. Great protection from the cold and rain in a lightweight package. Very happy with this purchase. Hope to enjoy many winter nights outside.
- Great Tent
- I have used this tent since it first came out. I've used it Elk Hunting, back packing and in Search and Rescue operations. My experience has been its light, easy to set up, and is roomy. I've had it in Fog, rain and snow. I would highly recommend this tent to others that want a tent that may not be the best in everything but will certainly do the job when you need it. Great Job Black Diamond
- I used thistent extensively for four months in the CO Rockies and Four Corners areas. Comfortable and sets up easy like the Bibler iTent or Eldorado...however the fabric is nothing like the Bibler quality...terrible condensation and in rain conditions the water actually seeps through the fabric. This is the wettest tent I've used in my life...35 years of backpacking. BEWARE... A bivy sack is better than this tent...and for an easy, fast setup consider the Bibler alternatives.
Questions & Answers
And, if you have a delivery to Russia, Zabaikal region, Chita?
As a result of cost order?
Related Blog Posts
- Product Reviews
- Questions & Answers
- Similar Products