Big Agnes - Super Scout UL 2 (Fall 2015)
What's in a Name?
We're all looking for something, right? The original inhabitants of the land now known as Steamboat Springs, CO were the Utes. They were light and fast scouts who found the area ideal for summer hunting. French fur trappers soon came to Steamboat seeking the finest pelts, and ranchers came looking for greener pastures. We are the modern day scouts seeking stashes of un-tracked powder, hidden in places we dare not say.
Technical specifications & features
|Weight||Trail Weight: 2 lbs 3 oz.
Packed Weight: 2 lbs 11 oz.
Footprint Weight: 4 oz.
|Color||Gray / Gold|
|Size||2 - Person|
|Mfg Sku/Part Number||TSS|
|Tent Sleeps||2 Person|
|Area||29 sq. ft|
|Tent Type||Single Wall|
|Vestibule Size||44 sq. ft|
|Number of Doors||1 Door|
|Length||MAIN: 86 in. (218 cm)
VESTIBULE: 86 in. (218 cm)
|Width||MAIN (HEAD): 54 in. (137 cm)
MAIN (FEET): 42 in. (107 cm)
VESTIBULE: 94 in. (239 cm)
|Height||Head Height: 45 in. (114 cm)
Foot Height: 20 in.
|Tent Pole Type||Super Scout UL2 requires poles with a minimum height of 45”/114cm (Trekking poles not included)|
|Stuff Size||6.5 in. x 13 in.|
|Material||MAIN BODY: silicone treated nylon rip-stop with 1200mm waterproof polyurethane coating.|
|Other Features||• Single wall tent with full eave and rear vent system to keep air circulating.
• Single door and vestibule.
• Two storage bins built in at head of tent.
• Reflective guyline and webbing at tent corners and suggested anchor points.
• Vents are polyester mesh.
• All seams taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (No PVC or VOC's)
• 15 superlight aluminum J stakes.
• Gear loft loops included: Fits Big Agnes TRIANGLE gear loft - sold separately
• Footrprint sold separately.
Note: Big Agnes lists several weights for their tents to aid your product research
-- Trail weight refers to poles, fly and tent body.
-- Packed weight includes poles, fly, tent body, stakes, guy lines, stuff sacks, instructions, and packaging.
- condensation rules
- I bought this tent for the rainy Spring and Summer camps. It shed water like a pro, and the vestibule is unmatched. Now the downside. It sweats so badly that none of that matters. If they'd used a single wall breathable fly across the body then this would be one of the best tents ever made. As is? A sopping wet failure night after night. A big pain in the Agnes. Professional tent makers should know better. No better than a boat with a hole in it.
- Light weight, not very waterproof
- I just returned from the Mt. Rogers area in VA, and it rained all weekend. This tent leaked within about 20 minutes of being setup. Not just condensation, but it seemed to absorb water rather than bead up. I love the large vestibule, but that's only needed when it's raining, and it leaked as well. I'm returning the tent and looking for something that will keep me dry in the rain
Questions & Answers
- Product Reviews
- Questions & Answers