Big Agnes - Dream Island 15
This bag uses a full pad sleeve design: the bottom of the bag is non-insulated to save space and weight. It requires an insulated pad underneath (sold separately) for comfy, warm insulation.
What's in a Name?
There's a place on the edge of town beside the river, where ski bums bed down two-by-two like cordwood, visions of powder turns dancing through their heads, all cozied up before their next big day on the mountain. This place is called Dream Island, a trailer park just downstream from the aromatic sulfur springs.
Technical specifications & features
|Weight||9 lbs 7 oz.|
|Color||Spice / Cappuccino / Chocolate|
|Mfg Sku/Part Number||BDWDI16|
|Temp Rating º F||15|
|Temp Rating º C||-9|
|Bag Style||Double Wide|
|Seasonal Usage||Three Season|
|Insulation||Thermolite® Extra - a synthetic simulated down material that offers plush warmth and softness|
|Fill Weight||75 oz.|
|Bag Shell Material||Nylon taffeta|
|Bag Lining Material||Cotton/Polyester blend|
|Bag Length||6 ft. 6 in. (198 cm)|
|Bag Stuff Size||14 x 24 in|
|Circumference at Chest||136 in.|
|Circumference at Hips||121 in.|
|Circumference at Foot||110 in.|
|Other Features||• Dream Island requires one 50 x 78 in. pad or two 25 x 78 in. rectangular pads
• Pads sold separately
• Rectangular shaped bag with integrated fill pad sleeve design
• Double zippers allow entry from either side of bag and when unzipped allows top of bag to be used like a comforter
• Built in pillow pocket for each person holds a jacket or Big Agnes pillow
• Interior fabric loops for sleeping bag liners
• Exterior loops for hang drying or storage
• Draft collar, draft wedge, and draft zipper barrier prevent cold air seeping in
• No-draft center flap
• Free Range Hood design
• Pillow Barn
• Corner hand pockets allow top of bag to be wrapped around shoulders like a comforter in a bed
• One hand hood cinch cordlock is simple and easier to use
• Zipper Garage eliminates velcro and prevents zippers from rubbing against your chin
• Mesh storage sack and stuff sack included
- Very Comfortable and Warm Bag
- My wife and I just completed a month-long October car camping trip through the Southwest. We found this bag to be very roomy, luxuriously comfortable, and warm. We always got a good night's sleep. Our coldest nights were 33 and 34 degrees, and we were warm and comfortable while wearing only our underwear. There is enough room in the bag for a kindergartener in addition to two adults. We found the bag to be heavy, bulky and difficult to stuff into the totally inadequate stuff sack provided by Big Agnes, but were willing to live with that due to the outstanding comfort.
Questions & Answers
Thank you for your question.
Big Agnes provides helpful washing instructions for all of their bags here: https://www.bigagnes.com/resources/documents/WashingYourSleepingBag.pdf
Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.
Related Blog Posts
- Product Reviews
- Questions & Answers
- Similar Products