Technical specifications & features
|Rope Diameter Group||8 - 8.9 mm|
|Exact Diameter||8.1 mm|
|Rope Type||Twin & Half|
|Grams / Meter||39|
|UIAA Fall Rating||6|
|Impact Force (kN)||4.9|
|Other Features||GOLDEN DRY
Every filament of the sheath and the core of «Golden Dry» ropes is treated with a water repellent chemical before the rope is manufactured. This chemical covering is polymerized at high temperature. The durability of this treatment is given by the polymerization, but also because of the individual treatment of each filament before the rope is made. A Golden Dry rope is a rope with the core Dry treated, and a sheath of Dry Cover.
• Very limited weight gain in wet conditions.
• Prevents the rope thickening too much.
• Improved rope-running through carabiners and belay devices.
• Improved abrasion resistance in normal climbing use.
What is UNICORE® Technology?
-- An astonishing process, bonding rope sheath and core without affecting the rope's suppleness.
-- If the sheath is cut or torn, the core and sheath remain bonded together.
--With a standard rope, if the sheath is cut by abrasion over an edge, a frequent occurrence in the mountains, it slides and gathers over some metres.
-- It then becomes impossible to pass this zone, whether ascending or descending.
STRONG POINTS :
• The weight and free-running of twin rope plus the advantages of a double rope.
• Ultra low impact force.
• The rope doesn't bunch and stays flexible for the long term.
• Has all the advantages of the UNICORE technology.
Ice climbers and expert climbers.
Questions & Answers
- Questions & Answers
- Similar Products