Technical specifications & features
|Rope Diameter Group||8 - 8.9 mm|
|Exact Diameter||8.1 mm|
|Rope Type||Twin & Half|
|Grams / Meter||39|
|UIAA Fall Rating||6|
|Impact Force (kN)||4.9|
|Other Features||DRY COVER
Each filament of the sheath of «Dry Cover» ropes is treated with a water repellent chemical before the rope is manufactured. This chemical covering is polymerised at high temperature. The durability of this treatment is given by the polymerisation, but also because of the individual treatment of each filament before the rope is made. On a Dry Cover rope, the core is not treated.
• Improved resistance to grit and to humidity
• Limited water absorption
• Improved rope-running through carabiners and belay devices
• Improved abrasion resistance in normal climbing use.
What is UNICORE® Technology?
-- An astonishing process, bonding rope sheath and core without affecting the rope's suppleness.
-- If the sheath is cut or torn, the core and sheath remain bonded together.
--With a standard rope, if the sheath is cut by abrasion over an edge, a frequent occurrence in the mountains, it slides and gathers over some meters.
-- It then becomes impossible to pass this zone, whether ascending or descending.
STRONG POINTS :
• The weight and free-running of twin rope plus the advantages of a double rope.
• Ultra low impact force.
• The rope doesn't bunch and stays flexible for the long term.
• Has all the advantages of the UNICORE technology.
Ice climbers and expert climbers.
- Similar Products