Arc'teryx - Nuclei AR Jacket - Men's (Spring 2016)
Technical specifications & features
|Weight||450 g (15.9 oz.)|
|Mfg Sku/Part Number||16102|
|Hood Type||Yes Hood|
Athletic Fit, Hip Length, Centre back length: 80 cm (31.5 in.)
• Coreloft™ 100 (100 g/m² ) insulation. Made with highly crimped multi-denier siliconized polyester yarn, this lightweight, breathable, and thermally efficient, 100% polyester staple fiber is very compressible and has excellent loft retention.
• Coreloft™ 40 (40 g/m²) insulation. Made with highly crimped multi-denier siliconized polyester yarn, this lightweight, breathable, and thermally efficient, 100% polyester staple fibre is very compressible and has excellent loft retention.
FREEDOM to PERFORM
Freedom to perform requires freedom of movement. Arc’teryx selected Coreloft™ insulation because it delivers its warmth with a low profile. This, along with the functional articulation in the sleeves and gussets under the arms, provides necessary freedom of movement and comfort for long belays. The Nuclei’s Athletic fit minimizes fabric bulk but leaves room for a light midlayer. The coated Vislon zipper reduces irritation under a harness by eliminating the need for a storm flap, two zippered hand pockets provide storage and are heavily insulated for warmth, and an internal mesh pocket holds goggles, gloves or toque. A stuff sack is included and can be clipped to harness when not in use.
COVERAGE, MOVEMENT, VISIBILITY
A proper belay parka needs to free the user to execute their responsibility. Visibility is critical. The Nuclei AR’s insulated StormHood™ is helmet compatible and provides full coverage warmth and weather protection. What distinguishes it is its design. The StormHood™ uses an ergonomic patterning that rotates with the head and employs a three point adjustment that allows exceptional peripheral vision without sacrificing coverage. A visor keeps eyes clear of falling snow and dripping water.
Helmet Compatible Stormhood™
The Arc'teryx helmet compatible Stormhood™ is designed to provide the ultimate protection in cold or wet weather. The laminated brim and hood adjusters secure tightly and deliver full coverage without restricting movement or visibility.
• Laminated brim
• Adjustable hood cinch cords
• Tall collar for full coverage
Arc'teryx Coreloft™ Insulation
Developed by Arc'teryx, Coreloft™ is a synthetic insulation made of staple fibres in mixed sizes that are crimped to trap air and retain warmth. Available in different thicknesses for end-use performance and comfort.
• Lightweight and highly compressible
• Durable and resilient
• Retains its warmth in humid and wet conditions and dries quickly if wet
Arc'teryx Fit Guide - Athletic Fit
Standing in as the “Arc’teryx Standard” fit, the complex patterns used utilize anatomical shaping and gussets to enhance motion and eliminate excess bulk. Trimmer than the Relaxed fit with room for a base layer, a light fleece mid-layer and a synthetic or down filled mid-layer.
AR | All Around
Provides high performance & weather protection and highlights a range of features to give All Around versatility in multiple activities.
• Packs up small for easy travel storage
• Great warmth-to-weight ratio
• Compressible and packable
• Highly water resistant
• Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
• Taped seams for added weatherproofness
• Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort
• Articulated elbows
• Gusseted underarms
• Helmet compatible StormHood™
• Insulated hood
• Externally accessed hood drawcords
• Laminated visor protects from snow and dripping water
Zippers & Fly Configuration
• Full front zip with chin guard and wind flap
• Adjustable hem drawcord
• Two hand pockets with WaterTight™ zippers
• Included mini stuff sack with drawcord closure
• Internal mesh dump pocket
• Stuff sack can be clipped to a harness
• Machine wash in warm water (30°C).
• Double rinse.
• Do not use fabric softener.
• Tumble dry on medium heat.
• Do not iron.
Questions & Answers
- Product Reviews
- Questions & Answers
- Similar Products