Arc'teryx - Alpha SL Jacket - Women's (Fall 2015)
Technical specifications & features
|Weight||265 g (9.3 oz.)|
|Mfg Sku/Part Number||15180|
|Material||N40r GORE-TEX® fabric with PacLite® product technology|
|Hood Type||Helmet Compatible Hood|
Trim fit, with e3D patterning, Hip Length
Patterned using e3D technology for a trim, clean, climbing friendly fit, and pared to only essential features, the design, materials and build make this the lightest Arc'teryx waterproof shell.
N40r GORE-TEX® fabric with Paclite® technology is one of the most compact waterproof/breathable fabrics that also meets Arc’teryx standards for durability for its intended use. Highly packable, it packs into its’ stuff sack taking up less than 1L of space and can be clipped to your harness for quick access while climbing.
Innovative construction and patterning work with lightweight materials to shed grams. The 1.6 mm micro-seam allowance reduces weight and bulk without sacrificing strength, as does the use of 13 mm GORE® seam tape. Even the zipper pulls use an ultralight cord.
An ultralight shell that is all about minimizing weight and bulk without sacrificing advanced performance. It is thoughtfully designed emergency storm protection for fast and light alpine climbing, and works in tandem with the Alpha SL Pant to deliver the confidence to perform even in highly adverse weather conditions.
Helmet Compatible Stormhood™
The Arc'teryx helmet compatible Stormhood™ is designed to provide the ultimate protection in cold or wet weather. The laminated brim and hood adjusters secure tightly and deliver full coverage without restricting movement or visibility.
• Laminated brim
• Adjustable hood cinch cords
• Tall collar for full coverage
Harness HemLock™ Insert
The Arc'teryx Harness HemLock™ insert is designed to keep your jacket from riding up when wearing a climbing harness. The foam insert can be removed when not needed.
• Functional — keeps jacket in place when worn under a climbing harness
Arc'teryx pioneered the now industry standard WaterTight™ zipper to seal out wind and weather, and Zipper Garages that provide additional protection from rain and snow.
• WaterTight™ zippers seal out weather
• Zipper garages provide additional protection
• Durable and easy to use
Arc'teryx Fit Guide - e3D
Ergonomic 3-Dimensional (e3D) patterning brings an additional level of articulation to provide enhanced range-of-motion in our Trim, Athletic, and Expedition fit categories. The application of e3D patterning allows for enhanced mobility for sport-specific activities in challenging environments.
Arc'teryx Fit Guide - Trim Fit
These trim fitting garments share motion-friendly traits with our Athletic fit, but are patterned with lower volume for reduced bulk. Arcteryx trim fit is sized for a base layer and a trim synthetic or down filled mid-layer
Climbing and alpinism focused pieces: harness compatible length and waistline; chest pockets accessible while wearing a pack or harness; maximum articulation for overhead motions; helmet compatible hoods; drop hem; highest possible durability-to-weight ratio; emphasis on lightweight materials.
SL | Super Light
Uses the lightest weight materials available to provide high weather protection, performance and/or packability, but with the right amount of durability.
• Compressible and packable
• Fully seam-sealed for waterproofness
• DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps repel water from fabric surface
• Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
• Narrow GORE® seam tape
• One-hand adjustable drawcords
• Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort
• Gender specific patterning
• Articulated patterning for unrestricted mobility
• Articulated elbows
• No-lift gusseted underarms
• Helmet compatible StormHood™
• Laminated chin guard
Zippers & Fly Configuration
• WaterTight™ external zippers
• Zipper garages to protect zipper closure from snow and rain
• Micro corded zipper pulls
• WaterTight™ full length front zip
Cuff & Sleeves Configuration
• Laminated die-cut Velcro® cuff adjusters reduce bulk, and won't catch or tear off
• Adjustable hem drawcord
• Laminated hem
• Drop back hem
• Harness HemLock™ inserts keep jacket in position under harness
• Chest pocket with WaterTight™ zip
• Note: Arcteryx WaterTight™ zippers are highly water resistant, but not waterproof. We do not recommend keeping items in your pockets that may be damaged by moisture
• Includes stuff sack with webbing loop to clip to a harness
• Machine wash in warm water (30°C).
• Double rinse.
• Do not use fabric softener.
• Tumble dry on medium heat.
• Do not iron.
Questions & Answers
Related Blog Posts
- Product Reviews
- Questions & Answers
- Similar Products